TFT liquid crystal screen means that each liquid crystal pixel on the liquid crystal display is driven by a thin film transistor integrated behind it, so that it can display information at high speed, high brightness and high contrast.
Technical characteristics of TFT LCD screen:
TFT technology was developed in the 1990s. It is a large-scale semiconductor full integrated circuit manufacturing technology using new materials and new processes. It is a liquid crystal (LC), inorganic and organic thin film electroluminescent (EL and OEL) flat panel display. The basics.
Its main features are:
1. Large area: The first generation of large-area glass substrate (300mm×400mm) TFT-LCD production line was put into production in the early 1990s. By the first half of 2000, the area of the glass substrate had expanded to 680mm×880mm. Recently, the glass substrate of 950mm×1200mm will also be put into operation;
2. Powerful functions: TFT was first used as a matrix addressing circuit to improve the light valve characteristics of liquid crystals. For high-resolution displays, precise control of object elements is achieved through voltage regulation in the range of 0-6V (typical value 0.2 to 4V), making it possible for LCDs to achieve high-quality high-resolution displays;
3. Low cost: glass substrates and plastic substrates fundamentally solve the cost problem of large-scale semiconductor integrated circuits, and open up a broad application space for the application of large-scale semiconductor integrated circuits;
4. Flexible process: In addition to sputtering, CVD (chemical vapor deposition) MCVD (molecular chemical vapor deposition) and other traditional film forming processes, laser annealing technology has also begun to be applied, which can produce amorphous films, polycrystalline films, and Fabrication of single crystal films. Not only silicon films can be produced, but also other II-VI and III-V semiconductor thin films can be produced;
5. It has a wide range of applications. LCD flat panel display based on medical TFT LCD screen equipment technology is the pillar industry of the information society. Its technology can be applied to the rapidly growing thin film transistor and organic electroluminescent (TFT-OLED) flat panel Displays are also growing rapidly.
Features of TFT:
With the maturity of TFT technology in the early 1990s, color liquid crystal flat-panel displays developed rapidly. In less than 10 years, TFT-LCD has rapidly grown into a mainstream display screen, which is inseparable from its advantages.
The main features are:
1. Good use characteristics: low-voltage application, low driving voltage, and improved safety and reliability in solidification. Flat and thin, it saves a lot of raw materials and space. Low power consumption, its power consumption is about one tenth of that of a CRT display, and the reflective TFT-LCD is even only about one percent of that of a CRT, saving a lot of energy. TFT-LCD products also have many characteristics such as standard models, serialized sizes, various varieties, convenient and flexible use, easy maintenance, update, and upgrade, and long service life;
2. Good environmental protection characteristics: no radiation, no flicker, no damage to the health of users. In particular, the emergence of TFT-LCD electronic books will bring mankind into the era of paperless office and paperless printing, triggering a revolution in the way of human learning, dissemination and recording civilization.